Tan-y-Fron is one of the most peaceful Holiday Parks in North Wales, ideal for exploring Snowdonia and the local area
We are a quiet family owned and run park, open all year.
We are the nearest caravan and campsite to the old market town of Dolgellau – only ½ mile away, allowing you to walk to sample a varied choice of nearby restaurants, pubs and shops.
Our level, grassed camping pitches are terraced, with dedicated parking. Pitches are available with electric hook-up.
Tent pitches have scenic countryside views overlooking Dolgellau to the hills beyond; sit outside your tent and watch the great sunsets!
There is easy access to centrally-heated **FREE** shower/washing & toilet facilities, along a tarmac surface, well lit at night! Plus:
- Indoor dish-washing room with free hot water
- Laundry facilities
- Good mobile phone reception
- Mature landscaped grounds
- Reception with information leaflets on local attractions, bus/train timetables, local menus & other information
- A small shop selling gas, basics, ice blocks, etc.
- Internet access / wi/fi available in reception
- Security access barrier with a code system
Nearby, you will find:
- A Co-op branch 5 minutes away
- Cader Idris, Wales second-highest spectacular mountain, is our backdrop
- Famous BBC railway walks along the Mawddach Trail, a scenic, easy, level cycle or walking route along the estuary from Dolgellau to Barmouth
- Coed Y Brenin Forest Centre and mountain biking Mecca also great for walking, cycling & Go-Ape tree top adventure; 10 minutes by car
- Blue Flag Beaches — various choices 25 minutes’ drive away
- Little Trains of Wales – Journey by steam
- Kayaking and water sports
- Golf course in Dolgellau, others nearby
- Fishing lakes & rivers
- Or just relax & watch the world go by…
Sorry, NO dogs.